Understanding accreditation: a practical toolkit for homes course
Duration: three days
This three-day course is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the accreditation process, audit principles and methodology and to build skills to help you critically assess and improve service delivery in your home.
This course will help you to demonstrate how your home meets the Accreditation Standards. You will be able to critically assess resident care service delivery, and conduct internal audits.
Through active participation in this three-day course you will
- understand how aged care quality assessors conduct audits and assess homes' performance against the Accreditation Standards
- effectively demonstrate how your home meets the Accreditation Standards
- apply your knowledge and understanding of the Accreditation Standards and related expected outcomes to conduct internal audits
- effectively prepare a home for re-accreditation audits and assessment contacts
- explain a range of approaches to continuous improvement
- critically assess service delivery within your home
- prepare and implement an action plan after conducting an internal audit
- learn and demonstrate strategies to communicate effectively with a range of people such as: residents, relatives/carers, health professionals, care and ancillary staff and management in order to gather information
- better understand Accreditation Agency reports.
This course has been developed for those who want to have a better understanding of accreditation and how they can demonstrate they meet the Accreditation Standards and may include:
- care managers
- registered nurses
- quality managers and coordinators
- supervisors and team leaders
- consultants who work in aged care.
Per participant - $750 (includes GST)
Group bookings (5 or more from the same home) - $712.50 per person (includes GST)
Organisation-direct - $6100 (includes GST) for 8-16 participants in your home. Additional travel and accommodation expenses apply for outside metropolitan areas.
Please note: While the Understanding accreditation course is written and facilitated by us, in all states except for WA, it is hosted by LASA and ACSA. You can click on the date of the course you wish to enrol in (see the table to the right), and you will be redirected to the relevant website.
Registration and payment
To book and pay online using a credit card, click on your preferred date and location on the right side of this page, follow the prompts and enter your credit card details.
Want us to come to you?
Our organisation direct programs offer you added convenience, flexibility, team building and relevance. They will also save you money. With a maximum of 16 participants you will save around $5000 on registration costs. Let us come to you. Click here for more information on organisation-direct education.
Click here to fill out an expression of interest. Or phone us for more information on 1800 728 589.
1800 728 589 or email email@example.com